The best times, any time,
and only for you.
We take pride in our responsibility to meet the entertainment needs of each and every one of our subscribers, offering a diverse range of the highest quality and most entertaining content tailored to evolving tastes, constantly reevaluating and perfecting our service, and will continue to lead the industry in providing a comprehensive 360° entertainment distribution service.
All needs answered.
Our ears are firm to ground to answer the specific needs of all our subscribers, covering every genre from the most niche to the mainstream.
All for one.
U-NEXT is uniquely positioned to tackle any challenge with all business divisions situated in-house (be it content acquisitions, system engineering, customer support, PR and marketing, and more), all under one unified, comprehensive team.
All about fun.
We at U-NEXT look toward new challenges and embrace dynamic industry changes with optimism and energy, never forgetting that joy and fun are critical to optimizing an entertaining experience for all.
Since U-NEXT started its service in 2007, we have been a pioneer in video distribution services in Japan and have achieved remarkable growth in terms of market share and the number of titles handled.
While today's market environment is changing both rapidly and drastically, with foreign SVOD services added to the competition, our mission at U-NEXT has been and will always be the same: to develop an easy-to-use service for everyone and answer our every subscriber's needs by providing a wide range of contents for them to enjoy—it's as simple as that.
Driven by the curiosity to explore the essence of things and determined to turn our aspirations into reality, we, together with our diverse team from around the world, will continue to take on the challenge of creating entertainment media at its best.
President and Representative Director
President and Representative Director
- "U-NEXT Button" is equipped on remote controls for TOSHIBA's REGZA series.
- Integration of video distribution app and e-book app into one application.
- Operation of "LDH TV" provided by LDH JAPAN Inc. commences.
- Launch of VOD services in cooperation with OPTAGE Inc. as options for "mineo" and "eo HIKARI".
- "U-NEXT Button" is equipped on remote controls for Sony's BRAVIA 4K series.
- Through management integration with USEN trade name changes to USEN-NEXT HOLDINGS Co.,Ltd., with five of the primary businesses being succeeded by U-NEXT Co., Ltd., established on December 1, 2017.
- Cooperation with movie theaters operated by TOKYU RECREATION CO.,LTD. (109 CINEMAS) commences.
- Offering of NHK On Demand on U-NEXT commences.
- Launch of "Theater in Pikara with U-NEXT", a VOD service in cooperation with STNet, Inc.
- Cooperation with movie theaters operated by Shochiku Multiplex Theatres, Ltd. (Shinjuku Piccadilly, MOVIX, etc.) commences.
- Cooperation with movie theaters operated by UNITED CINEMAS CO.,LTD (UNITED CINEMAS, CINEPLEX) commences.
- Operation of "Unlimited Anime" provided by SoftBank Corp. commences.
- Launch of "U-NEXT for So-net" and "U-NEXT for NURO", VOD services in cooperation with Sony Network Communications Inc.
- Launch of "U-NEXT for BIGLOBE", a VOD service in cooperation with BIGLOBE Inc.
- Shares change listing to the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Support for streaming via smart devices (iPhone, iPad, Android phones/tablets, Apple AirPlay, Chromecast, etc.).
- Launch of e-book service.
- Launch of "Commufa Hikari Video (U-NEXT)", a VOD service in cooperation with CHUBU TELECOMMUNICATIONS CO.,INC.
- Cooperation with movie theaters operated by T-JOY CO.,LTD (Shinjuku Wald 9, Yokohama Burg 13, T-Joy branches) commences.
- Shares listed to the Mothers market of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Launch of "AEON CINEMA Web Screen powered by U-NEXT", a VOD service in cooperation with AEON ENTERTAINMENT CO.,LTD
- Launch of "BBIQ Unlimited Video U-NEXT", a VOD service in cooperation with QTnet,Inc.
- Launch of "MEGA EGG Theater with U-NEXT", a VOD service in cooperation with Energia Communications,Inc.
- Support for multi-screen distribution including PC browsers.
- Support for TV/STB streaming in cooperation with major manufacturers.
- Spin-off of "U-NEXT Business" from USEN through an absorption-type split.
- Service name changes from "GyaO NEXT" to "U-NEXT".
- Launch of video distribution service "GyaO NEXT" (current name: "U-NEXT").
U-NEXT Co., Ltd.
Meguro Central Square
3-1-1 Kamiosaki, Shinagawa-ku, 141-0021 Tokyo, JAPAN
Tenshin Tsutsumi, President and Representative Director
Yasuhide Uno, Chairman
Toru Shimada, Director
Yosuke Kobayashi, Auditor